Friday, July 30, 2010

Cooking Creme Brulee'

Lately I have been determined to prepare more nutritious meals. I have come across some amazingly yummy recipes with great results. This has been the result of my parents getting older and I am now responsible for their balanced diet.

But as you can see from the above picture, I have had a few special recipes that I have attempted. After two trips to Pullman, where we have enjoyed wonderful meals at a restaurant called "Southfork," my mom was having a hankoring for creme brulee. She purchased a cooking torch (which could be very dangerous for me) and fuel so that I could crisp the tops.

My resource was simply "Creme Brulee" and the queen came up. (The queen of Creme Brulee, that is!) I carefully followed the basic recipe, and TaDa!!! We had a lovely Sunday dinner (homemade Manhattan Clam Chowder) and luscious creme brulee! Yum. I think I'm hungry. . . gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment