Thursday, July 29, 2010

Matthew


Today I am thinking about our son, Matt. It's been three long years since he joined the army. On Bloomsday of 2007, I was walking and worried that I had not heard from him. When I got home there was a message that he was already on his way to California to see his recruiter he knew in high school and join the army.
Although honorable, I'm sure every parent would understand the dismay I felt on that day. It tore me apart to know that he would soon be heading to the middle east. Unsettling is an understatement.
Now, three years later, with Matthew due to come through Spokane at the end of August, I am proud and relieved to be welcoming him. It will be so wonderful to have our family together again! Matthew will be in Spokane for about a week, then he and Sarah will be moving to Las Vegas together to go to school and help support one another. I told them that I will not be visiting in the summer, but a winter vacation there sounds great!!! God be praised for a safe return. I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment